The Benefits of a Healthy Sex Life
"All women deserve to enjoy a healthy sexual life," says Nicole Cirino, M.D., Associate Professor of Psychiatry at OHSU's Center for Women's Health.
As a reproductive psychiatrist and certified sexual health therapist, Dr. Cirino helps women who are struggling with emotional or mental health barriers to a healthy sex life.
Studies have shown that sex is extremely beneficial to our health. Sex activates a variety of neurotransmitters that impact not only our brains but several other organs in our bodies.
The benefits of sex for women include:
– Lower blood pressure
– Better immune system
– Better heart health, possibly including lower risk for heart disease
– Improved self-esteem
– Decreased depression and anxiety
– Increased libido
– Immediate, natural pain relief
– Better sleep
– Increased intimacy and closeness to a sexual partner
– Overall stress reduction, both physiologically and emotional
Women, of course, have a variety of different lifestyles, situations, and preferences when it comes to sex.
Fortunately, all women can experience benefits of sex, no matter their situation.
Want More Stories Like This Click The Below Button